Zapier is a free integration platform that allows users to connect hundreds of other apps. This topic describes how to create an example “Zap” that uses Worksnaps app as a “Trigger” and Trello app as a "Action" (You can choose any app as a "Trigger" or "Action",the Trello is a good one to test with).
1. Got WorkSnaps App inviting url based on Zapier site, you can get it from Worksnaps support team, the inviting URL format as following:
2. Copy the above URL and paste into the browser and get page as Figure 1.
3. Click "Accept Invite & Go To Dashboard" button as Figure 1.
(If you did not log in Zapier site, it will open the sign in page. You can input Zapier account and password, then log in Zapier site and reload the page named with You've Been Invited to Use App on Zapier, click "Accept Invite & Go to Dashboard " button again and you will be brought to the Zapier Dashboard page (Figure 2).
4. Click "Make a New Zap" button as Figure 2 and jump to the editor page (Figure 3).
5. In the editor page,a quick guide will walk you through creating a Zap.
Step 1. Choose a trigger and action
The first thing you'll want to do is pick the trigger and action for your zap. Use the drop-downs to choose the app in your zaps, and the specific trigger and action.
1) Under “Choose a Trigger app...” select Worksnaps and New Project (Figure 4).
2) Under “Choose an Action app...” select Trello and Create Board (Figure 5).
3) You will get the result shown as Figure 6. Click "Continue" button to proceed to next step.
Step 2. Select a Worksnaps account
1) If it is your first time creating a Zap using Worksnaps, you can add an Worksnaps account by using "Connected Accounts" (Figure 7). The step will start out looking like Figure 8. You should Click "Connect a Worksnaps Account" button, then supply the details, such as name which connected Worksnaps account on Zapier and API Token (Figure 9) .You can get the API Token from Worksnaps site (Log into Worksnaps and go to Profile and Settings and Web Service API and Show my API Token). Once you have provided valid connection details, the new account will appear and you can proceed.
2) If you have already connected to your Worksnaps, the drop-down will have all the account connections made before, plus the option to add a new account connection (Figure 10). You can choose which Worksnaps account you want to use.
Step 3. Select a Trello account
As in the step 2, you can click "Connect a Trello Account" to add an account (Figure 11) or choose which account for the action app you want to use (Figure 12). Once you have provided a valid connection details, you can click "Continue" button to proceed to step 4.
Step 4. Filter Worksnaps triggers
This next step you will set up filters so that not all the instances of your trigger will trigger your zap (Figure 13). A is an optional feature you apply to a z to only make it fire when a certain condition is met. For example, if you want to send a text message when you receive a new email, you could use a F that sends a text message when the email received is from a certain address. If necessary,you can click "Add a custom filter". Here choose "Continue" to ignore this step.
Step 5. Set up the mapping from Worksnaps Project to Trello Board
In this step you will create the object that will be added to the action app each time a trigger takes place (Figure 14). by clicking the "Insert Fields" button on the right of a field, you can bring up a list of fields you can include in your zap (Figure 15). After choosing a field, a placeholder for that field will be inserted, such as "Name" and "Description" (Figure 16).
The boxes you see in step 5 can be treated as text boxes. Use multiple placeholders, spaces, static text, etc. to make your zap output what you want.
For required fields, make sure that your zap will always be putting in those fields. If you only have a single placeholder in that field and it comes through empty, then your zap will return an error. Once you have provided valid fields, you can click "Continue" to proceed to step 6.
Step 6. Test this Zap
This step is for testing out your zap before you turn it on. To start, click the "Test Worksnaps trigger" button to load samples from the trigger app (Figure 17).
Once your samples load you'll see 2 links and a "Test Zap with this sample" button for each sample (Figure 18). If you click on the "See t", you will see your Zap is pulling in, with the data corresponding to those fields alongside them.
Similarly, if you click on the "See action ", you'll see what the will look like in the action app.
If you click the "Test Zap with this sample" button, your Zap will send that sample to the action app. This is a great way of testing your Zap before turning it on to run automatically.
Step 7. Name and turn this Zap on
After that, you can click to "Turn Zap On" and your zap will be On!