This article shows you how to link your Tower account with Worksnaps account and how to import projects and tasks from Tower into Worksnaps.
Step 1. Get a Client ID and Secret from Tower
1. Log onto Tower web site with your account. go to application center and click view button (Figure 1).
2. Open Tower API dialog and click API manage button (Figure 2), then open create application page and input information as Figure 3
3. Click submit button and then return back to your application page (Figure 4), and click name link, go to application page, and you need click grant button and now you can get client id and secret (Figure 5),
Step 1. Set Up Integration with Tower
1. Log into Worksnaps account via the web, go to Profile & Settings and click 3rd Party Integration tab, then click Tower tab (Figure 6).
2. Turn on Tower Integration by switch the button from No to Yes. and then input Client ID and Client Secret , click Save Changes button and now you can see Advanced Actions section underneath (Figure 7).
3. Click the link in Advanced Actions section to get a new access token. You will see a pop-up dialog (Figure 8).
4. Click Get access token button, then you will see a new window that you will be prompted by Tower to grant (Figure 9).
5., Click grant buttong and the connection to Tower will be successful (Figure 10)
Step 3. Sync Projects and Tasks from Tower
1. Click the second link in Advanced Actions section to sync projects and tasks from your Tower account. You will see a pop-up window (Figure 11).
2. Click Next button to go to Step 2 and you will see the list of your Tower projects Select the one you want to import and click Next button, and pop up a dialog, let you select role in project (Figure 12). Select Manager/Member role
3. The task list of the selected will be fetched from Tower. Click Next button to continue (Figure 13).
4. Click Import Project button. The selected project and the associated tasks will be imported into Worksnaps (Figure 14).
5. You can click Close button to close the pop-up window. Now you can go to Manage >> Manage Projects tab and find the imported project from Tower. (Figure 15).
Note: If you want to see your Tower users in Worksnaps, you need to ask your users to perform the same steps as described above (i.e., establishing access token from Tower and importing project/task). Once your users import the same project, you will be able to see them in the project in Worksnaps.