Worksnaps provides two easy ways to share a report with others:
- Use a parmalink
- Share with target users
Share a report using permalink
By using permalink, you easily share a report with others by just sending out the permalink to them. Those who receive the permalink can use it to view the report without having a Worksnaps account.
Here is an example how you share a Saved Report by using permalink.
(Sharing a Static Report is very similar.)
1. Go to Report Tab and choose Saved Reports (Figure 1).
2. Find a specific report and click Run button to run the report (Figure 2)
3. Once the report is shown, you can find a permalink to this report at the bottom of the page (Figure 3).
4. You can just copy and paste this link and send it to whoever you want to share this report with.
Share a Report with target users
This is a second way to share a report. You choose specific users to share a report with. Those users will receive an email about the sharing. For internal users (i.e., the users who already have Worksnaps account), they will see the shared report in their report list. For external users, they will simply receive an email with a permalink to the report.
Here is how you share a report with target users. Again, we use Saved Report as example. Sharing a Static Report will be the same steps.
1. Go to Saved Report Tab page and click Run button to show the report (Figure 8).
2. Once the report is show, you can find the Actions drop-down on the right. Open it and choose Share with Others (Figure 9).
3. Then you will see a dialog box which allows you to select who you want to share the report with. The first section is a list of internal users. The second section is for you to type in the email of the external users you want to share the report with (Figure 11). Do necessary selection and click Share button.
4. The users that you share the report with will receive an email message about that you hare shared a report with them.
5. For those internal users that you share the report with, the report will show up in their report list marked by a label "Shared by ABCD" (Figure 11). They can only view the report by clicking the Run button and cannot change the report.
For external users, the permalink to the report will be in the notification email they receive. They can just follow the link to view the report.