Currently Worksnaps Client can run with 32-bit Oracle Java environment. So if your Linux is 64-bit OS, please follow the below instruction to setups.
1. Install 32-bit library
You must install 32-bit library first, otherwise, all 32-bit applications can’t be launched.(Figure 1)
$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs*
2. Check current Java Version
If the Java has been installed on the machine. Please check the Java version. If it is 64-bit, you need to install 32-bit Java and re-config the Java environment to 32-bit (Figure 2). In addition, Oracle Java JDK is supported, but not OpenJDK, if your machine has OpenJDK, please download SUN JRE and install it.
3. Download and install 32-bit JRE from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
Download and install 32-bit JRE from site, such as “jre-7u17-linux-i586.gz”.
4. Config JRE Environment
(1) Enter /etc/alternatives directory, remove the old java (Figure 3)
(2) Link java to 32-bit sun JRE.(Figure 4)
(3) Then run $ls -l java, the link should point to SUN JRE (Figure 5 )
(4) Enter /usr/lib/jvm directory, remove old default-java (Figure 6)
(5) link default java to 32-bit folder (Figure 7)
(6) Then run $ls -l , it should point to SUN JRE folder (Figure 8)
(7) Logout Linux OS and Login again
Please check java environment again, it should be 32-bit JVM (Figure 9).
5. Download and Install Worksnaps Client. Run Worksnaps client (Figure 10).